- Name of service - Surrey School Travel and Assessment Team
- Directorate - Childrens, Families and Lifelong Learning
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Date of current version - 8 June 2023
- Review date - currently under review
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the School Travel and Assessment team that incorporates and carries out transport delivery and travel assistance functions within Surrey County Council (SCC).
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the team
Personal data is collated for the purpose of providing safe, effective and stress free transport services, in order to carry out our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks and to provide other required travel assistance services, including independent travel training and establish good business practices.
We collect personal data for the following functions:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning, including audit purposes
- Contract and performance management
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
- Statistical analysis and reporting
- Health, safety and welfare - Vital interests of passengers
What information do we collect?
Personal data is collected according to the particular element of service provision:
Name, Address, DOB, Gender, Contact details, Health details, Contacts, Bank details, Routes, Schools and establishments, Passenger needs such as likes and dislikes (eg music), Relevant safety information, GPS tracking, family income and benefits, NI and health number, Passport details, Driver and professional license details, Right to work in UK, Visa information, Details of criminal offences, Photos, Financial information, Suitability information
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligations, contractual and compliance under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Localism Act 2011
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health Act 1983, 2007
- Local Safeguarding Children & Adults Boards Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/90)
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Welfare Reform Act 2012
- Education Act
Who we share your personal data with
Transport suppliers; the preferred travel training provider(s); software providers; schools; children's homes; respite centres; police; licensing officers; Surrey Choices; NHS organisations; social care establishments; other SCC departments
Retention of data
The service are currently reviewing their retention periods.
The minimum standards for data retention are detailed in the SCC countywide data retention schedule
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.