Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development privacy notice
- Name of service - Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development (SOLD)
- Directorate - Children, Schools and Families
- Date of issue - 23 May 2018
- Date of current version - 11 January 2021
- Review date - May 2021
Information we collect
We may collect information about you if you supply us with your personal details which could include (but is not limited to) completing a SOLD enquiry form, making a booking with SOLD via our Business Support Team, or making a booking on our booking portal via our website. Your data will be used to enable us to manage your booking with you. This information is held on secure servers with our booking system partner Cinolla.
Via our website, information will also be collected through Surrey County Council's 'E-suite' booking and encrypted payment system. Details of how your data is safeguarded on this system can be found via a link at the top of the E-suite page, before you enter your details.
We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback via Survey Monkey, agree to take part in case studies or participate in any online competitions.
Information provided in these instances may be covered by separate agreements where applicable.
Our legal basis for processing your data
Legally, organisations are allowed to process personal data on six bases, any one of which may apply depending on the service you access from SOLD. We will process your personal data where:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- It is necessary for the performance of a sale or contract (such as a booking)
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- It is necessary in order to protect your vital interests
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of another partner organisation,
except where your data rights over-ride this.
How we use the information we hold
We may use information you have provided to:
- Send you information or updates you have requested such as newsletters, or other emails
- Manage your booking and share the information with our centre staff
SOLD will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third party organisations unless expressly stated.
How long we hold the information you provide
Information provided to SOLD will be kept for the time required by the Limitation Act 1990. (i.e. 7 years for adults, until a young person reaches the age of 25, or for 99 years in the case of Looked After Children). Any original paper documents will be destroyed at the end of a course or booking.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com with the subject title 'Data Access Request'.
We want to make sure that your details are accurate and up to date, so you may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
If you our dissatisfied with our response or have a more detailed query please contact Surrey County Council's Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about this policy. For more detailed queries or questions relating to legislation surrounding the wider use of any data you provide please contact Surrey County Council's Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org