- Name of service - Surrey LINK Card
- Directorate - Environment, Transport and Infrastructure
- Date of issue - 18 May 2018
- Date of current version - 29 June 2023
- Review Date - 29 June 2026
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Surrey LINK Card scheme which is a bus discount scheme for young people, 20 and under, enabling half adult single and return tickets.
Young people must be living in Surrey and be aged 20 and under to purchase the travel discount cards to use on buses to get half price travel on Surrey buses.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the service
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of assessing eligibility of young people to purchase a Surrey LINK card. The LINK card entitles young people to travel at half the adult fare on buses for single and return journeys. In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime and fraud
- Statistical analysis and reporting
- Vital Interests
What information do we collect?
- Contact details
- Photographic image for identification purposes
- Copies of documents submitted for assessment to prove eligibility, such as passport, photo driving licence, CitizenCard, EEA national identity card and birth certificate
- Parent or guardian consent will be required for those applicants under the age of 16
- Journey information
- Payment transactions for replacement LINK cards are made via the provider's site
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Education and Skills Act 2008
- Transport Act 1985
Who we share your personal data with
Personal data is shared with system supplier currently SmartCitizen.
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
Personal data is not processed outside of the UK and EU
Retention of data
Data will be kept for the lifetime of an active record, that is with an active bus pass or an application pending assessment. You can view Surrey's data retention schedule online.
Data on an inactive record will be kept in accordance with our countywide data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.