- Name of Service - Surrey Children's Services Academy
- Directorate - Children's, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture
- Date of issue - 8 June 2021
- Date of current version - 8 June 2021
- Review date - 8 June 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of Surrey Children's Service Academy. The Academy commissions, delivers and coordinates learning and development and supports staff in the corporate directorate and partner organisations who work with children and young people in Surrey.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the Service?
Your personal data is processed for the following reasons:
- To enable us to provide and administer learning and development opportunities and training courses. This includes pre-course information, course reminders, training evaluation and certificates
- To enable us to set up and manage contracts and make payments for training and development
- To enable us to review current and past training provision, take-up and feedback for reporting purposes and for service planning and improvement
- To ensure that we can meet our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks to provide appropriate learning and development, and to support recruitment and retention
What information do we collect?
- Email address
- Phone number
- Work Address
- Additional needs to access learning and development
- Qualifications for recruitment purposes
How we are allowed to use your personal data
We process personal information for the purposes of delivering a contract, legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to
- Local Safeguarding Children and Adults Boards Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/90)
- Working Together to Safeguard children
- Children Act 2004
Where we use consent to process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
We share your information with the following:
- Training providers in order to process your booking request, ensure specific requirements are provided for, and maintain a record of attendance
- Professionals from SCC and partner organisations who deliver/facilitate learning and development events and activities
- Organisations who have purchased training on behalf of their staff
- Organisations, such as Universities, in order to enable placements and programmes
- Learning management systems for example OLIVE
Automated Decision Making
We may use online tests and quizzes as a means to gauge and test your knowledge and to generate certificates. These tests are not used to inform decisions made about you.
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with SCC countywide retention policy.
Please note that some of our courses will take part via MS Teams or Zoom. To deliver these courses to you, it will be necessary to invite you to online meetings and for you to take part in these online meetings. This means that the email address you book the course with will be visible to the other professionals who are participating in the course.
Additionally, if you choose to have your audio and/or video turned on in the online training sessions, you will be audible and visible to the trainer and to the other professionals who are participating in the course.
Please contact the Academy before booking if you have any concerns about this.
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Children Services privacy notice.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.