- Name of Service - Services for Schools
- Directorate - Education, Lifelong Learning and Culture
- Date of Issue - 28 April 2021
- Date of current version - 28 April 2021
- Review Date - 31 July 2021
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Services for Schools Portal, which supports the council's statutory duty to offer and deliver training and to support the quality and improvement of education provision for every child across Surrey County Council. It also enables schools and other education establishments to trade with Surrey County Council via the Services for Schools Portal. We collect your information to enable you to browse and purchase training and other services from a range of providers.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific team/ service?
- Set up vendor & customer accounts for charging and payment of training and other Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Administration of training courses including pre-course information, course reminders, online training evaluation forms and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificates
- Review training accessed for reporting purposes
- Obtain feedback to promote service improvement
- To secure high quality childcare and education provision to reduce inequalities and improve the outcomes of all children
We may email you newsletters or other updates about available services and training opportunities or informing you of updates on local policies and practices pertinent to your role. However, we will send you a form requesting your consent to do this.
What Information do we collect?
- School/Provider names
- School/Provider contact details
- School/Provider DFE number
- School/Provider address
- School/Provider contact details
- Staff Names & professional contact details
- Staff job title
- Record of CPD booked through the Portal
We collect your information from requests for user accounts, and from bookings made by other colleagues where necessary. Therefore, if you are booked onto a course by a colleague in your school, we will also have your information. If you are booking a course on behalf of other colleagues, please ensure that you have their consent or another legitimate basis for supplying their information to us.
If you book training through the Services for Schools Portal, you have the option to enter more sensitive data about yourself such as your date of birth and any 'special requirements'. This could include additional needs including disabilities, allergies, and dietary requirements. We would only use this data if required to support access and safety at events.
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education - Statutory guidance for schools and colleges
- Education Act 2002
- Local authority education duties 2017
- School Standards and Framework Act 1998
In some cases, we need to process your personal data as it is necessary for the performance of the contract, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract, to which you or your organisation are a party.
Where we use consent to process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address and we will deal with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we share your personal data with
- Our staff will have access to personal data which is necessary for them to do their work. Security measures are in place where we hold and process personal data
- The web developer Frontline Data can access account information for the purposes of investigating errors and providing system support
- If you book onto a training course via the Services for Schools Portal, your name, job role and email address is made available to the training provider in order to process your booking request, ensure any specific requirements are provided for, and maintain a record of attendance at training courses and events. This information is also made available to the purchasing organisation (i.e. school, nursery, college) linked to your user account
- The name, job role and email address of users who purchase services on behalf of their school/ organisation is made available to the service whose services have been purchased and to the purchasing organisation (i.e. school, nursery, college) linked to your user account
Automated Decision Making i.e. when computers make any decisions about you
In line with Surrey County Council policy, the Services for Schools Portal does not use automated decision-making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK & EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with SCC countywide data retention policy.
You have the right to cancel your Services for Schools account at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Children Services privacy notice.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.