- Name of service - Payment Team
- Directorate - Corporate Resources
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Date of current version - 1 July 2021
- Review date - 1 July 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Procurement service that incorporates/carries out purchasing functions within Surrey County Council.
- Data is uploaded into Fiscal Software to monitor duplicate payments and potential fraud
- To make payments for temporary staff
- To amend returned bacs and cheque payments
- To identify the correct details for any returned cheques that have not been paid
- To make payment to suppliers and individuals
- To print bacs and cheque remittances and cheques to pay or notify suppliers of payment
- Making manual ad-hoc payments to individuals which cannot be made via SAP
- To upload into SAP and pay suppliers for their services
- Data is required by our purchasing card provider to order new cards
- To maintain a list of card holders for the day to day monitoring of purchase card spend
- To record who is responsible for warrant books
- To report on unpaid invoices awaiting authorisation by the services identify who is responsible
- Reporting on late payments
- To verify Construction Industry Scheme membership
- To set up vendors in SAP
- To reclaim outstanding monies owed to the council that cannot be retrieved in any other way
- To compile a list of shoppers to enable the Payment Assistants to know who to contact regarding an unauthorised invoice
- To record who is responsible for the fuel cards and to be able to identify which budget code should be charged
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the team?
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of making payments and setting up vendor accounts in order to carry out our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks, provide services and establish good business practices. In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
- Vital Interests
What information do we collect?
- NI Number (Pension Payments)
- Bank Account information
- date of birth
- Contact Details
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Necessary for compliance
- Legal Obligation
Where we ask for your consent to process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
- Adecco – (Temporary Staff Agency)
- CFH – (Printing company)
- Royal Bank of Scotland (Purchasing card data)
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
Data will be retained for six years.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.