- Name of Service - Surrey Occupational Therapy Service
- Directorate - Children, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture
- Date of Issue - 7 August 2019
- Date of current version - 23 September 2021
- Review Date - 23 September 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
Our Occupational Therapists work with children and young people who have a substantial and long-term disability which makes day-to-day activities difficult.
We will visit you and your family at home to explore what activities are challenging and work with you to consider how things can be improved.
This might include:
- Other ways of managing an activity
- Advice and information
- Loan of specialist equipment for bathing, toileting, seating etc
- Minor adaptations
- Major adaptations
- Advice on techniques or loan of equipment to support manual handling
Where we agree a major adaptation is required to improve independence and support care, we will discuss options for a Disabled Facilities Grant.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by this team?
- Planning and improving the service
- Preventing or detecting of fraud or crime
- Research – using only anonymised data unless we specifically ask for your consent
If we cannot use your data, we would be unable to appropriately offer intervention, advice and guidance, unable to plan for future service development.
What personal data do we collect from you?
- Name and contact details
- Employment and education details
- Case file information
- Family details
- Financial details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Housing needs
- NHS Number
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
If you are receiving support from Children's Social Care then the NHS may share your NHS number with us. This is so that the NHS and Children's Social Care are using the same number to identify you whilst providing your care. By using the same number the NHS and Children's Social Care can work together more closely to support you and your family.
We may possibly use the NHS number in the care record system across Surrey; including relevant NHS professionals, GP details, hospitals, etc.
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Our legal obligations under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Chronically Sick and Disabled Person's Act 1970
- Care Act 2014
- Children's Act 2004
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Housing Grants and Regeneration Act 1996
- Housing Act 1988
- National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990
- Equality Act 2010
- Children and Social Work Act 2017
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA)
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR) (as amended 2002)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
Who we share your personal data with?
- Liquid Logic is the provider of the child database system Liquid Logic Children's System (LCS.)
- Surrey County Council teams relevant to your service provision
- Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
- District & Borough Councils
- Housing Associations
- Private landlords
- Building contractors
- Home improvement agencies
- Equipment Manufacturers and Representatives
- Relevant Charities
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with the countywide data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.