- Name of service - Libraries
- Directorate - Children, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture
- Date of issue - 25/05/2018
- Review date - 25/05/2019
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Library service that carries out Library provision and functions within Surrey County Council.
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of Contract, providing a public task and consent under the different legislative frameworks/provide services/establish good business practices etc.
In addition we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
- Statistical analysis and reporting
What information do we collect?
- Contact details – email or Telephone
- Health details where appropriate
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Localism Act 2011
- Local Safeguarding Children and Adults Boards Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/90)
- Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964
- Public Library Byelaws (made under section 19 of the public Libraries and Museum Act 1964)
- Health and Safety Act 1974
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
- Axiell (Library Management system)
- W F Howes (Digital Books)
- Concessionary Fares (Bus passes and Blue Badges)
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with the our data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.