- Name of Service - Information Governance Teams
- Directorates - Resources, Adult Social Care and Childrens, Families and Lifelong Learning
- Date of issue - 7 November 2019
- Date of current version - 26 January 2023
- Review date - 26 January 2025
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the Teams engaged in Information Governance functions within Surrey County Council that incorporate access to information regimes such as Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations, Data Protection and Police requests, complaints and allegations of breaches.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect includes:
- Contact details
- Verification data
- Any other personal data you provide to enable us to respond to your enquiry
How we are allowed to use your personal data
We are allowed to hold your personal data as it is necessary in order for us to perform our statutory duties under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- UK General Data Protection Regulations
- Local Government Act
- Legitimate interest
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. Where we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data will be shared with other relevant internal Departments in order to respond to your enquiry and with the leadership team of the Council for the purpose of oversight and/or performance monitoring.
It may also be necessary to share your personal data with:
- Third parties;
- Enforcement Agencies;
- Government Authorities;
- Regulatory bodies such as the Information Commissioners Office
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with SCC countywide data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.