- Name of Service - Surrey's Greener Future Design Challenge
- Directorate - Environment, Transport and Infrastructure
- Date of Issue - 19 August 2019
- Date of current version - 7 July 2021
- Review Date - 7 July 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to Surrey County Council's Surrey's Greener Future Design Challenge, which seeks to engage local communities in responding to the challenge of climate change in Surrey.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the service?
The personal data of individuals who choose to submit ideas and/or participate in events as part of design challenge is collated for the purposes of: enabling them to participate in the specific activities that form part of the design challenge; and connecting them with local organisations and other local people who can support them in responding to the challenge of climate change in their local area.
This process is part of the response to the climate emergency declared by Surrey County Council in July 2019.
What Information do we collect?
- Contact email address
- Social media contact information
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Localism Act 2011
- Social Value Act 2012
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
- Voluntary, community and faith sector organisations who are supporting the initiative
- District and Borough Councils who are supporting the initiative
- Local businesses who are supporting the initiative
- Local educational establishments, including universities, schools and colleges who are supporting the initiative
- Health agencies who are supporting the initiative
- County Council commissioned Providers who are supporting the initiative
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
Data will be retained for 12 months.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.