- Name of service - Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Review date - 25 May 2019
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the functions of Surrey Fire and Rescue Service service that carries out the Fire and Rescue functions within Surrey County Council.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific teams or services
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of emergency response, community safety and business fire safety in order to carry out our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks/ provide services/establish good business practices etc. In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Prevention – Community Safety
- Protection – Business Fire Safety
- Detection of crime/fraud
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
- Vital Interests
What information do we collect?
- Contact details,
- Health/medical details
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Fire and Rescue Act 2004
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Civil Contingency Act 2004
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Criminal Justice act 2003,
- Police and Criminal Evidence act 1984
- Care Act 2015
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health Act 1983, 2007
- Local Safeguarding Children & Adults Boards Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/90)
- The Crime and Disorder Act 1998
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you may have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Please note: we may not be able to remove your data due to the requirements of other relevant regulations.
Who we share your personal data with
- Our Staff
- All Civil Contingency Act 2004 category 1 responders
- Other SCC departments e.g Adult Social Care
- Districts and Boroughs
- Judicial Agencies eg courts
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with the Surrey Fire and Rescue Service specific data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.