- Name of Service - Early Years Training and Development
- Directorate - Children, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture
- Date of issue - 31 July 2020
- Review date - 31 July 2021
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Early Years Training and Development Portal, which supports the fulfilment of the council's statutory duty to provide training to support the quality and improvement of education provision for every child across SCC. We collect your information to enable you to access information and resources, browse and book training opportunities.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific team(s)/services?
- Set up vendor & customer accounts for charging and payment of training
- Administration of training courses including pre-course information, course reminders, online training evaluation forms and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificates.
- Obtain feedback to promote service improvement
- Review training accessed for reporting purposes
- To secure high quality childcare and education provision to reduce inequalities and improve the outcomes of all children
NB: We may email you newsletters about services and training opportunities or to inform you of updates on local policies and practices pertinent to your role. We will request your consent to do this.
What Information do we collect?
- School/Provider Names
- School/Provider Contact Details
- School/Provider DFE URN, Ofsted Number
- School/Provider Address
- School/Provider Contact Details
- Staff Names & Contact Details
- Staff job title
- Record of CPD booked through the Early Years Training and Development Portal
NB: If you book training through the Early Years Training and Development Portal, you have the option to enter more sensitive data about yourself; date of birth and any 'special requirements', additional needs including disabilities, allergies, and other dietary requirements. This data will only be used if required to support access and safety at events.
How we are allowed to use your personal data?
Legal obligation or public task under UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Childcare Act 2016
- Childcare Act 2006
- Children Act 1989
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Early Years Foundation Stage Regulations 2017
- Equality Act 2010
- Education Act 2011
- The Education (Provision of Information about Young Children) (England) Regulations 2009.
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request:
Who we share your personal data with
- Frontline Data, as the web developer, has access to account information for the purposes of investigating errors and providing system support.
- If you book onto a training course via the Early Years Training and Development Portal, your name, job role and email address is made available to the training provider in order to process your booking request, ensure specific requirements are provided for, and maintain a record of attendance. This information is also made available to the purchasing organisation (i.e. school, nursery, college) linked to your user account.
- The name, job role and email address of users who purchase services on behalf of their setting/organisation is made available to the service provider and to the purchasing organisation (i.e. school, nursery, college) linked to your user account.
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with SCC countywide data retention schedule.
You have the right to cancel your Early Years Training and Development Portal account at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Children Services Privacy Notice.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.