- Name of Service - Surrey Countryside Estate
- Directorate - Environment, Transport and Infrastructure
- Date of issue - 8 June 2021
- Date of current version - 8 June 2021
- Review date - 8 June 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Surrey Countryside Estate service that carries out countryside management functions across Surrey.
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of dealing with enquiries in order to carry out our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks, to provide services and establish good business practices.
In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
- Community forum membership
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
- Vital Interests
What information do we collect?
- Email account address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Membership details of community forum
- Age range (volunteers)
- Health details (volunteers)
- Next of kin contact details (volunteers)
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Localism Act 2011
- Highways Act 1980
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
- Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000
- Rights of Way Act 1990
- Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- Cycle Tracks Act 1984
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time.
If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
- Local and central government bodies, such as Defra and Districts and Boroughs
- Highways England
- Regulatory authorities, such as the Local Government Ombudsman
- Statutory consultees including user groups
- Our legal advisers
- In respect of community forum membership, both name and email account address may be disclosed to other members within any given specific forum
Retention of data
- Data in respect of mailing list will be retained for the duration in which the mailing list remains active
- Data in respect of community forums will be retained for the duration in which the forum remains active
- Data for volunteers will be reviewed every 2 years
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.