- Name of Service - Visitor Services, Natural Capital Team
- Directorate - Environment, Transport and Infrastructure
- Date of issue - 9 June 2021
- Date of current version - 23 September 2022
- Review date - 23 September 2025
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Countryside Commissioning service that processes activity, events and filming bookings across the Countryside Estate within Surrey County Council.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the team?
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of managing the booking process of activities, events and filming across the SCC Countryside Estate. In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
What information do we collect?
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Company information
- Emergency contact details
- Payment transactions are made via GovPay
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Localism Act 2011
- Highways Act 1980
- Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981
- Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000
- Rights of Way Act 1990
- Natural Environment & Rural Communities Act 2006
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- Cycle Tracks Act 1984
- National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949
- Countryside Act 1949
- Countryside Act 1968
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with parties who have an interest in the land you intend to hire, including but not limited to:
- Surrey Wildlife Trust,
- Albury Estate
- Hampton Estate
- Wotton Estate
- Natural England and,
- Surrey County Council or appointed legal advisors if required
Personal data is shared with payment system supplier, currently GovPay.
Retention of data
Data will be retained for two years.
For further information on our privacy notice, please see information and privacy.