Countryside Access and Operations - Privacy Notice
- Name of Service - Countryside Access and Operations
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Review Date - 29 January 2021
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of Countryside Access and Operations functions.
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of dealing with enquiries in order to carry out our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks, to provide services and establish good business practices.
In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
What information do we collect?
- Contact details
- Membership of organisation
- Date of birth (Volunteers)
- Next of kin contact details
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Local Government Act
- Localism Act 2011
- Highways Act 1980
- Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981
- Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000
- Rights of Way Act 1990
- Natural Environment & Rural Communities Act 2006
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- Cycle Tracks Act 1984
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
- Local and central government bodies, such as DEFRA and Districts and Boroughs
- Highways England
- Regulatory authorities, such as the Local Government Ombudsman
- Statutory consultees including user groups
- Our legal advisers
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with our service specific data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.