- Name of service - Buying Solutions Team
- Directorate - Corporate Resources
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Date of current version - 1 July 2021
- Review date - 1 July 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Procurement service that incorporates/carries out purchasing functions within Surrey County Council.
- To set up new shoppers
- To make payments for invoicing plans
- To turn shopping carts into purchase orders to make invoice payments to suppliers
- To set up new vendor accounts to make payments
- To review the number of Achiever calls and avoidable contact received
- Making payments to individuals
- Information is added into our contract management system, In-Tend to capture contract details, length and value.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the Service?
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of making payments, setting up vendor accounts & capturing contract information in order to carry out our statutory responsibilities under the different legislative frameworks/ provide services/establish good business practices etc. In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
- Vital Interests
What information do we collect?
- Contact details
- Bank account information
- Employee name
- Health details
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Necessary for compliance
- Legal Obligation
Where we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
Banner - Stationery supplier
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
Retention of data
Data will be retained for six years
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.