Adult Social Care Financial Assessment – Privacy Notice
- Name of service - Adult Social Care - Financial Assessment
- Directorate - Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Review date - 25 May 2019
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the collection, storage and processing of data for the purpose of meeting our statutory responsibilities under the Care Act 2014 and supporting legislation. We use this data to:
- Determine whether you are required to contribute towards the cost of any chargeable care and support services
- Provide you with relevant information and advice regarding your benefit entitlements
- Investigate if you or others are at risk of abuse and take appropriate action (Safeguarding)
What information do we collect
The amount of information we collect will vary depending on your situation and the way we are supporting you. We collect most of this information from you but may also get information from other health and social care providers where we are working collectively on your behalf. It is also possible for the Police or friends, carers and family to provide us with some more information from time to time. The information we hold may include:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, employment status, address, NHS number, contact telephone numbers and details of your family, next of kin and any carers.
- Details of any professionals involved in your care including your GP, CPN, or other professionals.
- Details of your medical conditions, including your physical and mental health and mental capacity, hospital admissions and discharge information
- Details of your current and past support needs
- Details of other people supporting you, such as a power of attorney, deputy, advocate.
- Details of your financial circumstances; including capital (cash, bank accounts, bonds, stocks & shares, investments), property ownership (this may include undertaking Land Registry searches), welfare benefit income, private income (including earnings and pensions), household expenditure (including copies of bills / statements), disability related expenditure
How we are allowed to use your personal data
We collect and use your personal data to meet our legal obligations under the Care Act 2014 supported by legislation and statutory guidance.
Who we share your personal data with
Whilst we always prioritise and respect the privacy of everyone involved with our services there may be times under the law, when we must share information. This will include:
- If there is a concern you are putting yourself, or another person (or child) at risk of serious harm
- Where we have been instructed to do so by the Court or as part of the investigation of a serious crime
Additionally, we may share a limited amount of information with the following:
- Department of Work and Pensions to check benefit entitlements
- Clinical Commissioning Groups to verify CHC and S117 funding
We will not share your information with your friends and family unless you give us permission to do so.
For more detail on these rights or to take them up please contact the Adults Information Governance team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01483 517679
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use Automated Decision Making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
We keep your information based on legal and best practice requirements. You can access our service specific records retention policy online.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.