Your right to complain

You have the right to complain to:

  • The council under its complaints procedure
  • Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) after using the council's own complaints procedure.
  • The Ombudsman investigates complaints about council and ensures that things are put right if they've gone wrong. There is a helpful leaflet available outlining what complaints the Local Government Ombudsman can investigate; how to make a complaint; and how he will deal with your complaint.
  • The Council's Monitoring Officer.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.