Each county councillor has £5,000 funding for 2018/19 to help residents, voluntary and community organisations deliver activities that benefit local people in their neighbourhoods. This funding is known as Members' Community Allocation.
Members' Community Allocation funding can be used for one-off activities that cost just a few pounds, alternatively it can contribute to projects that cost much more. The funding is flexibly designed to help with costs that can range from purchasing sports equipment for local clubs, to the creation of websites to reach more residents.
You can apply for the funding at any point during the financial year, until 31 January 2019. However, please be aware that this is a rolling fund, so if you wait until later in the year, your councillor may already have spent all of their funding.
If you are interested in applying for Members' Community Allocation funding, here's how to do it:
- Make sure that your project fits within our funding criteria (see below)
- Contact your local county councillor to discuss your project and see if it is something that they would consider supporting. Remember that councillors often get requests that exceed the amount they have to spend but they may be able to advise about other funding sources that could help you.
- If your county councillor is happy to support your project, they will send you instructions on how to complete an online application.
- Once you have completed the form and all the mandatory information is included, it is automatically sent to the Community Partnership Team for processing and ultimate approval.
- If you need support during your application, our team can help. You can email them at email@example.com or have a look at our video of hints and tips on filling out your application form.
- If your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirming receipt. You will be given a unique reference number during the application process which you should note down and quote whenever you contact us about your application.
- The Community Partnership Team may contact you to request further supporting information or to ask for clarification about some of the details contained in your application.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email. If your application is rejected, you will similarly receive an email advising you of the outcome.
- Once funding is approved, it is likely to take up to two weeks before the money is paid into your organisation's bank account.
We require all successful organisations to provide us with evidence that the project has been completed. This helps us to account for how we have used our funding. It also forms the basis of our website and social media activities that promote the community benefit of your project.
Our Members' Community Allocation funding criteria and related information requirements are detailed below.
Good luck with your project!
Files available to download
- Financial Framework for Members' Community Allocation (234.1 KB)
Guidelines on Members' Community Allocation Spending
- Members' Community Allocation - Funding for Schools Advice Note (157.8 KB)
Guidance note for Members' Community Allocation spending on funding for Schools
- Members' Allocation 2017-18 (543.6 KB)
Comparison of Members' Allocation 2016/17 and 2017/18.