Skip to main content

Rights advocacy and complaints

You have the right to express your views and be listened to by the adult professionals making decisions that affect you and your life. 

What can you do if

  • Children's Services are not giving you the help you need ?
  • You are not happy with or do not understand the decisions that are being made about your life?
  • You do not feel listened to?
  • You want support to make a complaint?

You can contact the Children's Rights Service to talk about whether you want to make a complaint and if you want an advocate to help you.

For more information about advocacy support and how an advocate can help you, download the 'What can an advocate do for me?' information sheet shown below.

What if you don't want an advocate, but just want some tips on how to get your views across more effectively?

Visit the Mind Of My Own (MoMo) website to use MoMo, the digital app which can help you to get your views across to professionals you have contact with. If you decide to use this digital self-advocacy tool, please remember to take the same care that you would when sharing personal information across the internet.

Files available to download