If you need help and support making a complaint, you may ask someone to make the complaint on your behalf, or ask them to accompany you if you meet with us.
You may contact any of the following organisations who may be able to give you advice.
Advocacy and other useful contacts
- Age UK Surrey - Advocacy (older people)
- Age UK (older people)
- MenCap (learning disabilities)
- UK Advocacy Network (mental health)
- Royal Association for Deaf people - Advocacy (hearing impaired)
- Surrey Coalition of Disabled People(people with disabilities)
- Face 2 Face Surrey and Sussex
- Action for Carers (Surrey)
- Advocacy in Action (disabled and older people)
- Surrey Community Action (rural and other communities
- Woking Interpreting and Translating Service (WITS)- provides language support, through a translation service for those with language difficulties, as well as private interpreters. You can contact them on 01483 750970 or 01483 751456 or by emailing email@example.com