- How to make a complaint about adult social care
- Who do I contact to make a complaint?
- Can I complain about Adult Social Care on behalf of someone else?
- How can I appeal against a social care decision?
We welcome your comments, including complaints, as they help us to improve what we do and serve you better.
We want to know whether our services are meeting your needs and being delivered effectively. If things do go wrong, we will work with you to resolve your complaint. Our aim is to put matters right as quickly as possible.
However, we we cannot resolve your concerns immediately, we will :
- clarify your complaint with you to find out what you are unhappy about and what you want us to do;
- where possible, plan how to find a solution with you; and
- write to you once we've looked into your complaint and let you know what our response is and what action may have been taken.
We hope that these steps will resolve your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Local Government Ombudsman to consider your complaint. Visit www.lgo.org.uk for further information.
Who do I contact to make a complaint?
If you want to tell us something about our services or you want to make a complaint, you can either:
- talk to the member of staff you have most contact with
- talk or write to the team manager
- contact the Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team
Ways to make your complaint
Online: fill in our online customer feedback form
Post: fill in our printable Adults Complaints form (PDF) or to request a form contact Adult Social Care. Please post the form to the team that provides you with a service, or
Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team
Surrey County Council
Surrey GU2 4BB
Can I complain about Adult Social Care on behalf of someone else?
Yes, you can complain on behalf of someone else. We may need to make sure you have the person's permission to represent them before we can discuss their case with you.
How can I appeal against a social care decision?
If you want to appeal against a decision that we have made, contact the team manager of the team that supports you. Let them know what your concerns are and ask them to review the decision. If you already receive support you will have been given contact details for your social care worker, team and other key contact information.
Files available to download
- Adult Social Care listening to your views - Comments, Compliments or Complaints leaflet (659.1 KB)
Adult Social Care listening to your views leaflet - Apr 2012
- Adult Social Care Surrey Equalities Monitoring form (364.5 KB)
Equalities monitoring form for you to complete to help us ensure everyone gets equal access to services.