At some of our recycling centres, you will be asked for proof that you live in one of the 11 district or boroughs in Surrey. These centres are:
We will accept any of the following as proof of address:
- Your driving licence
- This year's council tax bill
- A recent utility bill
- Your Surrey district/borough bus pass.
If you do not live in one of the 11 Surrey districts or boroughs, or if you do not have proof of address with you, you will not be allowed to use the centre.
Why do we have this scheme?
To dispose of waste brought to our recycling centres from residents in neighbouring councils costs us half a million pounds a year. To ensure you are not burdened with this cost we have introduced the Surrey Resident Scheme, which is in line with similar schemes from our neighbouring councils. If you live outside of Surrey you can dispose of your waste and recycling for free at your local authority site:
- Kingston recycling centre
- Croydon recycling centres
- Bracknell Forest recycling centres
- Richmond recycling centre
- Sutton recycling centre
- Merton recycling centre
- Hounslow recycling centre
- Hillingdon recycling centres.