Community Recycling Centres, once known as rubbish tips or dumps, are now called recycling centres as the majority of waste is recycled.
All year round
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
Charges for some non-household waste
You will need to pay to take large amounts of non-household waste - such as DIY/construction waste and tyres - to our centres. Find out more about the charges for some non-household waste. All other types of household waste can still be taken to CRCs for free.
Construction and DIY waste
Before visiting with this type of waste, please read our construction and DIY waste policy.
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
© Surrey County Council. © Ordnance Survey.
Crown Copyright and Database Right 2013. All rights reserved. 100010613.
Moorfield Road, Slyfield Green Industrial Estate, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1RU.
01483 532 187
If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later, or contact SITA Surrey on 020 8329 1030.
Future plans for the centre
We are working to relocate the community recycling centre on Moorfield Road and to improve operations at the waste transfer station.
The planned new centre will have a number of benefits including:
- A better layout making it easier for you to recycle
- Space for more containers, so we can collect a wider range of materials and change what goes in each bin in line with seasonal demands.
- Separate roads for cars and HGVs (heavy goods vehicles) to reduce queuing
- Additional parking spaces so more people can use the facility at the same time
- An improved waste transfer station so local councils can collect more materials from the kerbside
- A better location providing easier access
Materials accepted at this centre
For more information about where else to recycle these materials search the recycling tool.