Charges for some non-household waste will apply from 1 September 2016 at Surrey's community recycling centres. Find out more about these charges.
Community Recycling Centres, once known as rubbish tips or dumps, are now called recycling centres as the majority of waste is recycled.
From 1 April 2016 (all year round)
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
Visiting this centre
Under the Surrey resident scheme, you will be asked to prove that you are a Surrey resident when visiting this centre.
Construction and DIY waste
Before visiting with this type of waste, please read our construction and DIY waste policy.
Chargeable non-household waste
From 1 September 2016, the following waste materials will be charged for:
- Tyres from cars, motorcycles and all other motorised vehicles
- Waste from construction, alteration or repair of your home and garden such as plasterboard, breeze blocks, bricks, rubble, soil, stones, ceramic bathroom fittings, tiles
What are the charges?
- £5 per tyre or part tyre
- £4 per bag or part bag of chargeable waste; or per item or per sheet of plasterboard
- Bags no bigger than 50cm x 77cm
- Items such as a concrete fence post, ceramic bath, cistern, paving slab
- Sheets of plasterboard no bigger than 120cm x 240cm
- If these materials are loose, a charge of £50 will apply per car load
- Full list of the types of waste that will be charged for (PDF)
- All of the above charges are inclusive of VAT
- The decision of site staff is final
What methods of payment will be available?
Payment can only be made by Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards. Cash, cheques and other credit cards such as American Express or Diners Club cannot be accepted. Payment will need to be made to the Charging Scheme Officer at the site entrance before you are given access to the chargeable containers.
Will there be any exceptions to the charges?
You will have a free daily allowance of chargeable waste from the construction, alteration or repair of your home and garden of one bag OR one item OR one sheet of plasterboard (see size restrictions above).
There is no free allowance for motorised vehicle tyres.
Bicycle tyres will be accepted free of charge.
If these materials are loose, a charge of £50 will apply per car load.
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
© Surrey County Council. © Ordnance Survey.
Crown Copyright and Database Right 2013. All rights reserved. 100010613.
Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9DL
The entrance for household waste is on Felstead Road. For business waste the entrance is on Blenheim Road (from the direction of Epsom Motor Group and Epsom Coaches).
01372 728 722
If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SITA Surrey on 020 8329 1030.
asbestos | batteries | books | car batteries | cardboard | carpet | cartons | cooking oil | electrical | fluorescent tubes | foil | food tins and drink cans | fridges and freezers | furniture | garden waste | gas bottles | hard plastics | hardcore and rubble | household and garden chemicals | mattresses | metals | mixed glass bottles and jars | mixed paper | mobile phones | non-recyclable waste | paint | plasterboard | plastics | printer cartridges | spectacles | tapes and discs | textiles | TVs and monitors | tyres | used engine oil | wood and timber.