Changes to the community recycling centre (CRC) service that were recently agreed by the council's Cabinet are due to be made shortly.
From 4 December 2017
- There will be no free daily allowance of chargeable non-household waste such as rubble, plasterboard and soil.
- Changes to the Surrey resident scheme mean that residents from Bracknell Forest and Wokingham will no longer be able to use Camberley CRC.
From 8 January 2018
- There will be restrictions on which CRCs vans, trailers and pick-ups can be taken to.
- Opening days at most sites will be reduced.
These changes to the CRC service were decided after taking into account feedback from residents and key stakeholders in the consultation, and were agreed by the council's Cabinet on 26 September 2017.
The changes will enable the council to make savings while still maintaining a comprehensive service for Surrey residents.
To find out more about the changes to the CRC service, please click on the above links, refer to the leaflet attached below or visit surreycc.gov.uk/recycling
Also at the bottom of this page you can find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and a poster to raise awareness of the changes.
Files available to download
- Community Recycling Centres changes leaflet (1.2 MB)
A leaflet detailing the changes that are due to be made at Surrey’s community recycling centres from 4 December 2017.
- Community Recycling Centres changes FAQs (279.5 KB)
Answers to frequently asked questions on the changes that are due to be made at Surrey’s community recycling centres from 4 December 2017.
- Community Recycling Centres changes poster (1.7 MB)
A poster that raises awareness of the changes that are due to be made at Surrey’s community recycling centres from 4 December 2017.