Our consultation on Shaping Surrey's Community Recycling Centres 2017 is now closed. Information on the consultation is still available.
Surrey has 15 community recycling centres (CRCs) where you can take your household waste. Recycling centres used to be known as rubbish tips or dumps. They are now called recycling centres, as the majority of waste is recycled.
Our recycling centres are free to Surrey residents. We accept over 30 different types of household waste materials and recycle as much as possible. However you should be aware that the following materials have now become chargeable waste:
- plasterboard and gypsum based products
- rubble and soil
Please check whether your nearest CRC can accept chargeable waste.
Some recycling centres require proof that you live in Surrey. Please check your local CRC below to see if you need to take proof of address with you.
Vans, pickups and trailers
If you are bringing household waste in either a van, pickup or trailer you will need to obtain a van permit before your visit.
You should also be aware that construction, demolition and DIY waste cannot be brought in a van, pickup or trailer to any of our CRCs. This waste will be redirected to one of our Waste Transfer Stations where a charge will be applied.
Business waste and waste transfer stations
Epsom, Guildford, Leatherhead and Shepperton (this site will be shut to business waste from 31 March 2016 until further notice) all accept business waste. Each transfer station will weigh your waste and charge for your business waste disposal .
Opening and closing times
Please select your local community recycling centre page below to find full details of opening hours.
Find your recycling centre
Select one of the links below to find out full details of your local recycling centre or see where they are all located on the Surrey Interactive Map (select Environment housing and planning and tick the box for the Community Recycling Centres layer, then select Refresh the map (top right).
- Bagshot Community Recycling Centre
- Camberley Community Recycling Centre
- Caterham Community Recycling Centre
- Cranleigh Community Recycling Centre
- Dorking Community Recycling Centre
- Earlswood Community Recycling Centre
- Epsom Community Recycling Centre
- Farnham Community Recycling Centre
- Guildford Community Recycling Centre
- Leatherhead Community Recycling Centre
- Lyne Community Recycling Centre
- Shepperton Community Recycling Centre
- Warlingham Community Recycling Centre
- Witley Community Recycling Centre
- Woking Community Recycling Centre
We do not tolerate any form of abuse directed towards our site staff. Any serious incidents or threatening behaviour will be reported to the police and may result in council services being withdrawn.
All Surrey County Council recycling centres are run by SUEZ Surrey (formerly known as SITA Surrey).