Travel and transport staff benefits
This web page is for use by Surrey County Council staff only.
- Lease car scheme Through the GMP lease car salary sacrifice scheme, drive away a cost effective vehicle for a two or three year period, with no deposit, or credit checks required. For further details go to My Staff Shop website and navigate to 'My Car' and select GMP Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme.
- The Zenith lease car scheme has closed to new applicants. For existing Zenith lease car scheme users, your current lease with Zenith will continue until the terms and conditions of your lease expire. If you have any queries regarding your current Zenith lease, contact Zenith at email@example.com. The existing policy and FAQ documents can be found in the My Benefits Community in Jive.
- Cycle to work scheme
Through the Government's Cycle to Work initiative you can save up to 42% (via salary sacrifice) on the cost of a brand new bike, up to the value of £3,000. Find our more by reading the Cycle to work frequently asked questions. You can look for approved cycle shops and apply in the My Cycle to work section of Surrey Extra.
- Bike loan scheme
Borrow up to £500 interest free to buy a brand new bike. To find out more, search for 'Interest free bicycle loan scheme' on the s-net.
- Cycle Training with Surrey
You can improve your "bikeability' with Surrey cycle training
- Train and bus fare discounts
Find out more about travel discounts for staff.
For more information, search for 'lift sharing' on the s-net.
- Season ticket loans
Eligible employees may apply for an interest free season ticket loan on public transport and station car parking. You can also use this in conjunction with the easitNETWORK discount (if applicable to your route). For more information, search for 'season ticket loans' on the s-net.
- Car clubs (Private use, Business use)
We provide pool cars for business use through membership of Enterprise and Zipcar (To find out more search for 'Car club' on the s-net.) You can book cars for as little as half an hour at a time or for longer trips. To save on the cost of car ownership you can also you can also join a car club for your personal use.
- Electric vehicles
If you own or are thinking about buying an electric vehicle, we have information on their running costs and charging locations on our Travel Smart website. We are also installing Fast charge points are our main offices and highway depots.
- Discounted parking in Woking town centre
SCC staff can receive a discounted parking rate on annual permits in selected car parks in Woking town centre.
- Staff travel plan
Take a look at the staff travel plan to see all the ways we help you to Travel Smart.
- One Stop Worldwide - National and International storage and shipping
Enjoy 10% off domestic and international relocation services and personal storage. Use discount code DISC-125574. More information can be found on the One Stop website.
If you do not have access to the internal s-net or if you need further advice please contact My Helpdesk:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internal email: My Helpdesk HR/CAE/SCC
- Phone: 02085419000.
- Enterprise Car Club: Through our staff offer with Enterprise Car Club you and one other person at your home address can join for free (normally £60) to use the cars outside of work, and have free membership (with no minimum monthly charge) for your first 2 years. You'll only pay-as-you-go at simple hourly and mileage charges. See Enterprise Car Club locations in Surrey and pricing. As an Enterprise Car Club member you can also get a 5% discount on longer term car hire with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. The personal membership offer is open to all SCC staff. You don't need to have joined as a business user. Simply enter the promotional code SCC232 when you join on-line or call Enterprise Car Club on 0345 2669290. Join Enterprise Car Club.
- Zipcar offer a special discounted membership fee of £25 per year (normally £59.50). To take up this offer click on 'join through an organisation' (enter Surrey County Council) and select Employee Personal Offer. Join Zipcar.
Please check that you are happy with the choices you make before signing up for these benefits.
Car Club for personal use
Join as a private member with your own account. Save on the costs of car ownership or replace the need for a second car. You just pay-as-you-go rather than having to fork out for tax, insurance, service and maintenance. We have special offers on personal membership:
Files available to download
- Cycle to Work FAQs (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Surrey County Council Cycle to Work scheme, part of the employee benefits offering