This web page is for use by Surrey County Council staff only.
There are thousands of discounts and offers available to you and your family through MyBenefits on our employee exclusive Surrey Extra website. You can save money on food shopping, holidays, a lease car, cinema tickets, clothes, school uniforms, weekends away and much more. A new scheme was launched on 1 July 2018.
On this page:
How to gain access to the new Surrey Extra
In order to access the retail discounts and salary sacrifice schemes, you will need to register on Surrey Extra. You can do this by following the steps below.
All you need to register is your payroll number (shown on your payslip) and date of birth.
Step 1. Go to the Surrey Extra activation page
Step 2. Enter your primary payroll number and date of birth
Step 3. Read and accept the terms and conditions and privacy notice
Step 4. Click 'Activate' to commence registration
Step 5. Complete your profile and create a password (we recommend using your personal email address)
Following eligibility checks, you will receive an email within 7 days to confirm that you have full access to the scheme and can start saving.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Surrey Extra portal.
Benefits membership card
The benefits membership card is exclusively for Surrey employees. It can be used in two ways:
- It is a pre-paid reloadable card (Love2shop) with a 7% discount at the time of loading. Once topped up, you can use it as method of payment at participating retailers (such as Argos, Boots, Iceland, M&S, Oasis, PC World, Wilko...).
- It is a proof of eligibility for "Local Deals" on Surrey Extra: Look for special offers from local independent retailers in your area in the "Local deals" section of Surrey Extra and show your card to the local retailer to get the discount advertised.
You can get your card (one per employee) from the reception of the following Surrey offices (make sure you have your Surrey ID card or a recent Surrey payslip with you to prove eligibility):
- Woodhatch Place (Reigate)
- Consort House (Redhill)
- Fairmount (Leatherhead)
- Merrow Complex (Guilford)
- Quadrant Court (Woking)
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters (Reigate)
To activate your card, register on Surrey Extra and from the My Staff Shop, click on membership card (LOVE 2 Shop) and activate your card. You can then top up your card and start saving.
Childcare voucher scheme
The Government has now closed Employer Childcare Voucher Schemes to new entrants (on 4 October 2018) as they introduced a tax free childcare scheme in 2017.
However, if you have previously been in receipt of childcare vouchers in your current employment (including TUPE situations), you can re-join the scheme provided that:
- You re-join within 12 months of your last salary sacrifice deduction for childcare vouchers.
- You have never been in the government's Tax-Free Childcare scheme.
If you are a current user, you can access your Childcare Voucher Scheme by logging in via Surrey Extra and navigating to 'My Childcare'.
Sodexo (Childcareplus) Childcare Voucher account
In order to access your online Sodexo (Childcareplus) childcare voucher account, please go to Childcare Plus and login.
If you have a question regarding your Sodexo (Childcareplus) childcare voucher account, you can contact the Sodexo customer care team by telephone 0800 328 7411 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on local deals for Surrey staff, see our local offers and discounts.
If you need further advice please contact My Helpdesk:
- by email at email@example.com
- or internal to My Helpdesk HR/CAE/SCC
- or by phone on 020 8541 9000 option 1
Please check that you are happy with the choices you make before signing up for these benefits.