By becoming one of our foster carers you'll be joining Surrey's biggest family and part of a growing support network that aims to make the lives of children and young people better.
You'll have your own supervising social worker who will visit you every six weeks, more frequently if needed. You will also meet other foster carers who will become an invaluable support network for you.
As a foster carer for Surrey County Council you will benefit from:
- An experienced foster carer 'buddy'
- A bespoke training package
- One-to-one support from your own supervising social worker
- The chance to build good support networks with other foster carers in your area
- Social events and activities
- Regular support groups for applicants and approved foster carers
- Generous allowances paid for each child in your care
- 24-hour emergency support
- Fostering Network membership
- Support, guidance and advocacy from the Surrey Foster Care Association
- National Association of Therapeutic Parents (NATP) membership
- Participation in the Mockingbird Family Model™
- Opportunities to gain accredited qualifications
- The reward of making a difference to a child's life