Latest update - 23 November 2016: Appendix 8 updated
On 1 April 2015 Safeguarding Adults Boards became statutory and the statutory guidance that accompanies the Care Act will be in force. See the Care and support statutory guidance.
This signals a radical change in the way all agencies safeguard adults. There is a greater focus on making safeguarding personal. This engages the adult at risk and/or their carer in a conversation about how best to respond to their safeguarding situation in a way that enhances involvement, choice and control as well as improving quality of life, wellbeing and safety.
Please revisit the webpage frequently for updates to the Surrey Procedures.
If you would like to see the record of all changes made to the Procedures, please see the log of changes. This will help you keep up to date with the latest version.
New way of reporting a safeguarding concern
The way that we report safeguarding concerns has changed. If you are at risk of abuse, or suspect someone else is, please report it to the Surrey Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), not Adult Social Care.
- Call: 0300 470 9100 – 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Out of hours: 01483 517898 – Emergency Duty Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secure email: email@example.com
- Address: MASH Team, Surrey Police, PO Box 101, Guildford, Surrey GU1 9PE
In an emergency, always call 999
Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board Multi Agency Safeguarding Adults Procedures:
Files available to download
- Section 1 - Policy and Guiding Principles (784.0 KB)
- Section 2 - Safeguarding Adults Procedures (459.7 KB)
- Section 3 - Legal Framework, Roles, Responsibilities and supporting guidance (900.1 KB)
- Appendix 1 Safeguarding Flowchart.pdf (222.9 KB)
- Appendix 2 Quick Guide to Responding and Reporting.pdf (71.9 KB)
- Appendix 3 Quick Guide for Providers Managers.pdf (156.1 KB)
- Appendix 5 Quick Guide to Section 42 Enquiries.pdf (152.1 KB)
- Appendix 6 Quick Guide to a Provider Led Enquiry.pdf (164.9 KB)
- Appendix 7 Section 42 Enquiry Reports.pdf (165.2 KB)
- Appendix 8 Agency Enquiry Report (143.5 KB)
- Appendix 9 Large Scale Enquiry.pdf (312.5 KB)
- Log of changes to Multi Agency Safeguarding Adults Procedures (139.3 KB)