See the latest page updates:
- 6 July 2017 - new document on gangs-housing, drugs and financial abuse. Log of national Safeguarding Adult Reviews updated.
- 27 April 2017 - link to Help for Hoarders added
In this section you will find links to different safeguarding adults resources and tools to assist professionals in ensuring their safeguarding is effective.
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board has produced snapshot briefing that provides information on some types of abuse or neglect in a simple format. There is more detail on these issues in the SSAB Multi Agency Procedures.
Files available to download
- Safeguarding adults - a quick guide (356.8 KB)
This document sets out the key statutory responsibilities for all agencies, including the voluntary sector, to safeguard adults at risk of abuse and neglect
- Self-neglect briefing (117.7 KB)
This briefing summarises the safeguarding issues in relation to self-neglect
- Modern slavery and human trafficking briefing (235.9 KB)
This briefing summarises the safeguarding issues in relation to modern slavery and human trafficking
- Honour based violence briefing (162.2 KB)
This briefing summarises the safeguarding issues in relation to honour based violence
- Female Genital Mutilation briefing (260.3 KB)
This briefing summarises the safeguarding issues in relation to female genital mutilation
- Financial abuse and Scams briefing - Who is at risk? (227.8 KB)
Who is at risk from financial scams and types of financial scam
- Financial abuse and Scams briefing - signs of abuse (285.8 KB)
This briefing summarises the safeguarding issues in relation to financial abuse
- Exploitation of vulnerable adults by gangs-housing, drugs and financial abuse.pdf (150.0 KB)
This briefing describes the risk posed to vulnerable adults who may be exploited by gangs who take over the adult’s home and create a financial obligation with the adult by supplying the person with illegal drugs.
- Next of Kin (tri-fold leaflet) (164.8 KB)
This explains the role of next of kin, Power of Attorney, Advance decision making and the Court of Protection
- List of published national Safeguarding Adults Reviews (294.3 KB)
This lists some of the Safeguarding Adults Reviews that have been published by different Safeguarding Adults Boards across the country. It is a useful resource for learning lessons to improve adult safeguarding.