Latest update: 4 August 2017 a revised version of the Information Sharing Protocol was added.
Please see attached below all of the Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board protocols, forms and guidance.
If you have a concern that an adult at risk is, or may be, experiencing abuse or neglect, please contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub either by phone or by submitting the Safeguarding Adults form to raise a concern.
In an emergency always contact the police on 999.
Contact details for the Surrey Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
If you are at risk of abuse, or suspect someone else is please report it. During office hours:
- Contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH): 0300 470 9100
- Email: email@example.com
- Secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of hours:
- Call the ASC Emergency Duty Team on: 01483 517898
Surrey Safeguarding Adult Board policies and protocols
- Report writing for safeguarding adults meetings
- Missing Persons Protocol
- Multi Agency Recording Guidance and Best Practice
- Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board choking prevention policy
- Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board Multi Agency Competency Framework.
Files available to download
- SSAB Inter Agency Escalation Policy (238.3 KB)
This policy supports the resolution of professional disagreements and oversight of risk in work relating to safeguarding adults
- SSAB Information Sharing Protocol (505.7 KB)
The Surrey Multi-Agency Information Sharing Protocol (MAISP) is an agreed set of principles about sharing personal or confidential information. It enables each organisation signed up to the protocol to understand the circumstances in which it should share information and what its responsibilities are.
- SAR Notification Form (69.8 KB)
This form can be used to request the SSAB considers undertaking a Safeguarding Adults Review (previously called Serious Case Review). More information is available on the SSAB webpage relating to Reviews
- Multi agency fire safety guide for adults at risk (704.1 KB)
- High priority referral form to SFRS VA1 (159.0 KB)
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) offers Emergency Home Fire Safety Visits, this is where a great risk exists and the occupier requires an immediate visit and advice. Please only use this form for an emergency visit
- SSAB Multi agency framework in risk work (211.0 KB)
This Surrey multi-agency risk framework aims to support the principle of empowerment through managing choice and risk transparently. It promotes choice, while managing risk proportionately and realistically
- SSAB Multi agency risk assessment recording tool (120.5 KB)
- SSAB Key Safe Protocol (244.2 KB)
This provides guidance on how key safe numbers can be safely retained and shared to ensure adults at risk can be quickly assisted when necessary
- Safeguarding adults - a quick guide (356.8 KB)
This document sets out the key statutory responsibilities for all agencies, including the voluntary sector, to safeguard adults at risk of abuse and neglect
- SSAB Policy & Procedures on self neglect (372.2 KB)
- SSAB Position of Trust Protocol (943.0 KB)
- Protocol to safeguard adults who are at risk of sexual exploitation, modern slavery and human trafficking (448.0 KB)
- Surrey Police and Adult Social Care - Position Statement (215.5 KB)