We will all work together to enable people in Surrey to live a life free from fear, harm and abuse.
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board helps and protects adults in Surrey who have care and support needs and who are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse or neglect.
Representatives from carers' groups, disability groups and older people's groups are members of the board.
- ensures the voices of adults at risk, their families and their carers are heard
- ensures there are effective processes in place to prevent and respond to abuse and neglect
- raises awareness of the importance of safeguarding through publicity campaigns
- has a multi-agency training programme in place to give staff the right skills to safeguard adults.
In April 2015 the board became statutory under the Care Act 2014.
Contacting the Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board
To contact the Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board please email: email@example.com.
Find out more:
Files available to download
- Snapshot of safeguarding adults in Surrey (203.4 KB)
This document gives the key statistics on adult safeguarding in Surrey using infographics to illustrate the information.