Please choose a numbered link below to answer your question or find out more information.
- Emergency Duty Team (EDT)
- Who can call the EDT
- Surrey County Council Home Based Care
- Integrated Rehabilitation Service (IRS)
- Adult Social Care Online service
1. Emergency Duty Team (EDT)
The Emergency Duty Team provides an emergency social work service for urgent situations which arise out of normal office hours and which cannot be left with an appropriate degree of safety until the next normal working day.
The Emergency Duty Team service is not intended as an alternative means of accessing the usual daily activities of Surrey County Council.
The team operates outside of normal office hours
Monday to Friday 5pm to 9am
Weekends 24 hours a day
The EDT also operates throughout all bank holiday periods
- Tel: 01483 517898
- Fax: 01483 517895
- SMS number: 07800000388 (for deaf and hard of hearing callers online)
- To make a call via text direct, please dial 18001 01483 517898
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Duty Team
c/o Fairmount House
2. Who can call the Emergency Duty Team?
The general public (including current social care service users and their families) and professionals can call EDT about any social care emergencies arising outside of normal office hours.
EDT advisory staff and senior social workers are trained to respond to both children's and adult requests for help and support or urgent assessments. We have Approved Mental Health Professionals on duty at all times outside office hours.
There are usually two, three or four members of staff on duty (only one from 1am to 9am) depending on how busy the particular day/time of day. Calls are prioritised on the basis of a risk assessment.
3. Surrey County Council Reablement Service
Surrey County Council operates an Assessment and Reablement service. This provides an assessment service to determine the level of support you may need on an ongoing basis to maintain your independence in your own home. It will also help you with regaining skills and confidence.
Normal office hours
8.30am to 5pm
Outside normal office hours
Speak to a Home Based Care Out of Hours coordinator, who will respond to your enquiry.
Monday to Friday 5pm to 11pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays between the hours of 6.30am and 11pm
Contact is through the usual telephone number on your service user file.
4. Integrated Rehabilitation Service (IRS)
Surrey County Council is working in close collaboration with health services to provide an integrated rehabilitation service in part of east Surrey. IRS teams are made up of both social care and health professionals. The aim of the service is rehabilitation, facilitating hospital discharge and to prevent hospital or long term residential care. The team can provide, medical, therapeutic, social and personal care.
IRS teams operate outside of normal hours:
Monday to Sunday 8am to 6pm
Local IRS teams can be contacted via GP services, Thamesdoc or via local hospitals. Alternatively the Emergency Duty Team can be contacted to assist people in identifying their local team.
You can also find information on our website about Emergency planning and community safety.
5. Adult Social Care Online
We have a new Adult Social Care Online service that allows you complete online forms quickly and easily, 24 hours a day, seven days a week and at a time that suits you. These online forms will:
- Tell you if they are likely to qualify for social care support
- Signpost you to local services that are relevant to their needs
- Help you to decide whether to continue with a more detailed assessment
- Tell you if you are likely to have to pay for support, and estimate how much that may be.