If you are a child or young person affected by sexually harmful behaviour or sexual abuse or are a parent of a child or young person who is, there are many organisations you can contact and publications available to help you.
For children/young people:
- ChildLine Call 0800 1111 (free unless calling from a mobile)
- NSPCC Surrey ASAP (After Sexual Abuse Project) - If you are a young person who has been abused and would like to talk to someone call 01372 375372 or email email@example.com
- Young Minds offers information to young people and children about mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Think U Know - how to keep safe online.
Stop It Now provides confidential support and advice to adults who have abused/are thinking of abusing a child, to family and friends of these adults and parents of children/young people showing signs of worrying sexual behaviour. Advisers can put you in touch with treatment providers and local child protection workers.
Before you contact Stop It Now you should know that although it offers a confidential service, if information comes out that identifies a child at risk or an adult alleged to have abused a child, the matter is reported in line with child protection procedures.
Call 0808 1000 900 free (unless calling from a mobile) Monday to Thursday 9am-9pm; Friday 9am-7pm or use the confidential email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Minds has a parents information service giving advice for any adult worried about the mental health of a child or young person. Call 0808 802 5544 free (unless calling from a mobile) Monday to Friday 9.30am-4pm, email email@example.com or chat online to a trained adviser Monday-Friday 11am-1pm
- Facing the Future - a useful guide for parents of young people who have been sexually abused - available from Russell House Publishing
- Helping Children with Sexual Behaviour Problems - A Guidebook for Professionals and Caregivers'. 4th Ed Toni Cavenagh Johnson PhD.
- The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre - you can report if someone has acted inappropriately to your child online – and its associated site
- ThinkUKnow gives advice on how to keep your child safe online.
- If you think a child or young person under 18 living in Surrey is being abused let us know by calling 0300 470 9100 or in an emergency call Surrey Police on 999
- Internet Watch Foundation - to report illegal online content
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline If you're worried about a child call 0808 800 5000 free - unless calling from a mobile - text 88858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surrey Police child protection team - call 101.