Information and other resources for young people and families
There are many local and national organisations providing support for the issues that can affect children, young people and their family unit.
- The Family Information Service - a free and impartial information service for families with children up to 19 (up to 25 for children with special needs or disability). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Links Surrey - a registered charity promoting emotional literacy, nurturing and relationship skills in families and schools. Email email@example.com or call 01483 225596.
- Heads Together - free and confidential one-to-one counselling for young people in East Surrey. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01737 378481.
- NSPCC After Sexual Abuse Project (ASAP) - a therapy service to help children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse. Email: email@example.com or call 01372 375372.
- Open House Counselling @ Guildford YMCA - free counselling for young people. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 07932 047778.
- Guildford Action's website includes details of local and national family support and children based services.
- Surrey Peer Support Project - an early intervention service for young people in secondary school education based around peer support. Call 01483 458664.
- Surrey Young Carers - support for young people who look after a family member with an illness or disability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01737 248111 or 01483 568269.
- West Surrey Health Promotion
- West Surrey Youth Counselling Service - free and confidential one-to-one counselling for people aged 12 - 24, on a short-term and self-referral basis. Call 0845 600 2516.
- Healthwatch Surrey - an independent organisation which listens to people's views on health and social care and provides feedback to service providers to help shape and improve local services. Email email@example.com, call 0303 303 0023 or SMS 07592 787533. You can give feedback anonymously if you chose to do so.
- Careline - confidential counselling Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and 7pm to 10pm. Call 020 8514 1177.
- NHS - For health enquiries call 111.
- Childline - someone to talk to if you've got a problem or are worried about someone. Call 0808 1111.
- Parentline Plus - help and advice to parents on bringing up children and teenagers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702 559900.
- Rethink – At Ease - help for young people under stress or worried about their thoughts and feelings plus advice on different mental health problems and how to look after your mental health. Email email@example.com or call 020 7330 9100.
- Samaritans - 24-hour service offering confidential emotional support to anyone in crisis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08457 90 90 90.
- YoungMinds parent information service - information and advice on child mental health issues. Email email@example.com or call 0800 018 2138.