There are many local and national organisations providing support for the issues that can affect children, young people and their family unit.
- The Family Information Service - a free and impartial information service for families with children up to 19 (up to 25 for children with special needs or disability). Email email@example.com
- Family Links Surrey - a registered charity promoting emotional literacy, nurturing and relationship skills in families and schools. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 225596.
- Heads Together - free and confidential one-to-one counselling for young people in East Surrey. Email email@example.com or call 01737 378481.
- NSPCC After Sexual Abuse Project (ASAP) - a therapy service to help children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 375372.
- Open House Counselling @ Guildford YMCA - free counselling for young people. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07932 047778.
- Guildford Action's website includes details of local and national family support and children based services.
- Surrey Peer Support Project - an early intervention service for young people in secondary school education based around peer support. Call 01483 458664.
- Surrey Young Carers - support for young people who look after a family member with an illness or disability. Email email@example.com or call 01737 248111 or 01483 568269.
- West Surrey Health Promotion
- West Surrey Youth Counselling Service - free and confidential one-to-one counselling for people aged 12 - 24, on a short-term and self-referral basis. Call 0845 600 2516.
- Healthwatch Surrey - an independent organisation which listens to people's views on health and social care and provides feedback to service providers to help shape and improve local services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0303 303 0023 or SMS 07592 787533. You can give feedback anonymously if you chose to do so.
- Careline - confidential counselling Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and 7pm to 10pm. Call 020 8514 1177.
- NHS - For health enquiries call 111.
- Childline - someone to talk to if you've got a problem or are worried about someone. Call 0808 1111.
- Parentline Plus - help and advice to parents on bringing up children and teenagers. Email email@example.com or call 01702 559900.
- Rethink – At Ease - help for young people under stress or worried about their thoughts and feelings plus advice on different mental health problems and how to look after your mental health. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7330 9100.
- Samaritans - 24-hour service offering confidential emotional support to anyone in crisis. Email email@example.com or call 08457 90 90 90.
- YoungMinds parent information service - information and advice on child mental health issues. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 018 2138.