There are many local and national organisations providing support for the issues that can affect children, young people and their family unit.
- The Family Information Service - a free and impartial information service for families with children up to 19 (up to 25 for children with special needs or disability). Email email@example.com
- Heads Together - free and confidential one-to-one counselling for young people in East Surrey. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01737 378481.
- Open House Counselling @ Guildford YMCA - free counselling for young people. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07932 047778.
- Guildford Action's website includes details of local and national family support and children based services.
- Surrey Young Carers - support for young people who look after a family member with an illness or disability. Email email@example.com or call 01483 568269.
- West Surrey Health Promotion
- West Surrey Youth Counselling Service - free and confidential one-to-one counselling for people aged 12 - 24, on a short-term and self-referral basis. Call 0345 600 2516.
- Healthwatch Surrey - an independent organisation which listens to people's views on health and social care and provides feedback to service providers to help shape and improve local services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0303 303 0023 or SMS 07592 787533. You can give feedback anonymously if you chose to do so.
- NHS - For health enquiries call 111.
- Childline - someone to talk to if you've got a problem or are worried about someone. Call 0808 1111.
- Family Lives - emotional support, information, advice and guidance on any aspect of parenting and family life. Email email@example.com or call 0808 800 2222.
- The Mix - a UK based charity that provides free, confidential support for young people under 25 via online, social and mobile. The helpline is open daily from 3pm-12am, call 0808 808 4994. Outside of these times there is a 24/7 crisis messenger service, text THEMIX to 85258 (free with major networks).
- Samaritans - 24-hour service offering confidential emotional support to anyone in crisis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 116 123. There is also a free of charge app that can be downloaded, Samaritans Self-Help.
- YoungMinds parent information service - information and advice on child mental health issues. Call 0808 802 5544 or use the parent webchat and email services. Young Minds also have a crisis messenger service for young people, text YM to 85258 (free with major networks).
- Family Links - a registered charity promoting emotional literacy, nurturing and relationship skills in families and schools. Email email@example.com or call 01865 401800.