There are lots of day centres, groups and clubs across Surrey that will give you the chance to get out and about, and meet other people. Help with transport may also be available locally to get you to places you want to go.
Day centres and activities
Day centres often run activities and lunch clubs, and some can provide a mini-bus to pick you up and take you home again. Find details of the day centres near you by contacting your local borough or district council or by searching Surrey Information Point.
- Elmbridge - centres for the community
- Epsom and Ewell - communities and wellbeing
- Guildford - social centres
- Mole Valley - social centres
- Reigate and Banstead - community centres
- Runnymede - social centres for older people
- Spelthorne - community centres
- Surrey Heath - centres for older people
- Tandridge - centres for older people
- Waverley - active older age
- Woking - centres for the community
Get Active 50+ from Active Surrey also offers a range of sports and physical activities at hugely reduced prices to inspire residents aged 50+ to try something new improve their health and wellbeing.
Badminton, bowls, exercise and dance classes, golf, inclusive multi sports, jogging, swimming, and walking football are all on offer across the county. Visit the Active Surrey website to find an activity near you.
If you have difficulty using public transport, or you just need some support to get out and about, there are a variety of community transport schemes in Surrey that can help.
Community transport and Dial-a-Ride services are often provided by borough and district councils, but there are also a number of voluntary schemes that offer either scheduled services or door-to-door transport.
To find a local scheme search Surrey Information Point.