In March 2015 the closure of six residential care homes for older people, and work with residents and their families to find alternative accommodation and services, was agreed.
Four of the six homes – Longfield in Cranleigh, Cobgates in Farnham, Brockhurst in Ottershaw and Dormers in Caterham – have now been closed.
The final two homes – Park Hall in Reigate and Pinehurst in Camberley – will be closing by the summer of 2017
The welfare of residents will be the primary consideration up to and during the closure of the homes. The Council will carefully manage the process to review and assess the needs of all residents in the homes to see what alternative services will best suit their needs. This will be phased over an extended period, in full discussion with families and carers and informed by national best practice guidance, in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for each individual.
The Cabinet report, along with background papers, are available on the Council's website. The full consultation report is also available below.
If you have any queries, please contact the project team.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01372 832257
- Text: 07968 832924
Files available to download
- Guidance on care home procedures (231.1 KB)
Questions and answers on care home closures
- Park Hall - Supplementary Info December 2014 (260.4 KB)
- Pinehurst - Supplementary Info December 2014 (260.3 KB)
- Q and A summary notes Park Hall, Brook Unit - December 2014 (180.7 KB)
- Q and A summary notes Park Hall - December 2014 (243.1 KB)
- Q and A summary notes Pinehurst - December 2014 (279.1 KB)