Including mental health, learning disabilities, autism, physical and sensory disabilities, and long term neurological conditions.
Surrey County Council often seek to involve people who use their services, in designing new services, or changing existing services. There are a number of specific groups that meet regularly to discuss services and issues of relevance. Click on the links below to get more information about each of the groups.
- Valuing People Groups
- The Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network
- Disability Alliance Network in Surrey
- Long Term Neurological Conditions
- Hard of Hearing Forum
- Surrey Vision Action Group
- Surrey Deaf Forum (run by Surrey Coalition)
- Surrey and North East Hampshire Independent Mental Health Network
Valuing People Groups
We operate four Local Valuing People Groups in Surrey to ensure that people at a local level are involved and informed. These groups meet quarterly and enable everyone to have a say at a local level on what and how things can be done for those people with a learning disability. More specifically they ensure people with a learning disability and their families have a voice and can contribute to improving their local communities. Each of the Local Valuing People Groups feed into Surrey's Learning Disability Board. The Local Valuing People Groups are as follows:
- East Surrey (Reigate and Banstead and Tandridge)
- Mid Surrey (Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell and Mole Valley)
- North Surrey (Spelthorne, Runnymede and Woking)
- South West (Surrey Heath, Guildford and Waverley)
For further information about each of the Local Valuing People Groups, please visit the Surrey Partnership Boards website.
The Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network
The Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network is a group of providers, commissioners, professionals, people with a learning disability and/or autism and family carers. We meet quarterly, and work together to improve support for people whose behaviour may challenge in a way that threatens the quality of life/or the physical safety of the individual or others, to become a voice for best practice, so that this is reflected in strategic planning and service development in Surrey.
The Surrey Partnership Board website has more information about the Positive Behaviour Support Network.
If you would like to join the Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network, please email your contact details to: email@example.com
Disability Alliance Network in Surrey
The Disability Alliance Network in Surrey (DANS) is made up of four groups of local disabled people, and their carers, who meet quarterly to discuss issues that affect them. The groups aim to engage and empower the local disabled community and to champion their interests. As well as disabled people and their carers, representatives from local organisations like, Surrey County Council and the NHS regularly attend meetings.
- Mid Surrey (Epsom and Ewell, Elmbridge and Mole Valley)
- South West Surrey (Guildford and Waverley)
- East Surrey (Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge)
- North Surrey (Runnymede, Spelthorne, Woking and Surrey Heath)
Over the last year, members of these groups have been consulted on and fed into number of reviews and issues including:
- South West Trains and GTR franchise
- Surrey County Council transport review
- Community Hospital review
- Outside dining and A boards on pavements
- Accessible pharmacies, dentists, GPs, shops and venues
South West Surrey - Guildford and Waverley
Venue: Godalming Baptist Church, Queen Street, Godalming, GU7 1BA.
- Wednesday 12 September 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
- Wednesday 5 December 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
East Surrey - Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge, Epsom and Ewell and Mole Valley
Venue: The Orpheus Centre, North Park Lane, Godstone, RH9 8ND.
- Monday 21 May 2018, 11am - 1pm
- Monday 24 September 2018, 11am - 1pm
- Monday 10 December 2018, 11am - 1pm
North and Mid Surrey - Runnymede, Spelthorne, Woking and Surrey Heath and Elmbridge
Venue: Addlestone Community Centre, Garfield Road, Addlestone, KT15 2NJ.
- Tuesday 11 September 2018, 2pm - 4pm
- Tuesday 4 December 2018, 2pm - 4pm
If you would like to know more about The DANS Groups, please contact Sandy Frean, Engagement Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text 07976 864082.
Special interest groups
Surrey County Council commission special interest groups, which take place quarterly, for people with specific impairments. The purpose of these groups is, to engage with and get feedback from people who use council services.
Hard of Hearing Forum
- Thursday 21 June 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
- Thursday 13 September 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
- Thursday 13 December 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
Long Term Neurological Conditions Group
- Tuesday 22 May 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 14 August 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 20 November 2018, 10.30am - 1pm
Surrey Vision Action Group
- Wednesday 25 July 2018, 10.15am - 12.30pm
- Thursday 25 October 2018, 10.15am - 12.30pm
If you would like to know more about or attend one of these meetings, please contact Sandy Frean, Engagement Officer by email: email@example.com, or call or text 07976 864082.
Surrey and North East Hampshire Independent Mental Health Network
Have you experienced mental ill-health, or do you care for someone who has? Share your views and experience at the Surrey and North East Hampshire Independent Mental Health Network to help improve services.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text or call: 07801 239 859.