The Surrey County Council transition team work with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, from the age of 14 to 25, and support them through their journey to adulthood, sometimes called 'transition'
Working with a range of professionals – including your teachers and doctors – the transition team provide support and advice on areas such as:
- education and training,
- paid or unpaid work opportunities,
- help with finances,
- moving into new supported accommodation,
- relationship or wellbeing advice, as well as
- the care and support you need to do everyday things.
For more information on how we support you on your journey to adulthood please see our PDF below.
If you would like to talk to the transition team to see how they might be able to support you on your transition journey please email: email@example.com or telephone Adult Social Care for information and advice.
Files available to download
- Transition Team leaflet 2017 (1.8 MB)
Supporting you on your journey to adulthood - Information for young people with disabilities