Help with meals
If you are struggling to prepare meals for yourself, or having trouble getting to the supermarket, there are companies which can deliver hot or frozen meals to your door and supermarkets which will make deliveries.
All of the big supermarkets offer a home shopping delivery service which you can access online:
There are also other food companies which will deliver including:
Meals on wheels (also known as Meals at Home)
Meals at home, or meals on wheels are for people who are unable to cook a hot meal for themselves, and are usually elderly or disabled residents, some services offer a seven days a week service, whilst some operate Monday – Friday.
Your borough or district council may be able to provide a meals on wheels service in your local area:
- Elmbridge (and parts of Mole Valley) – meals on wheels
- Epsom and Ewell – meals on wheels
- Guildford – community meals
- Runnymede – meals at home
- Spelthorne – meals on wheels
- Surrey Heath – meals at home
- Tandridge – meals on wheels
- Waverley – community meal service
- Woking – community meals