There are lots of day centres, groups and clubs across Surrey that will give you the chance to get out and about and meet other people.
Help with transport may also be available locally to get you to places you want to go.
Day centres and activities
Day centres often run activities and lunch clubs, and some can also provide a mini-bus to pick you up and take you home again.
Look through a range of day centres to find one near you or contact your local borough or district council:
- Elmbridge - centres for the community
- Epsom and Ewell - communities and wellbeing
- Guildford - social centres
- Mole Valley - social centres
- Reigate and Banstead - community centres
- Spelthorne - community centres
- Surrey Heath - centres for older people
- Tandridge - centres for older people
- Waverley - active older age
- Woking - centres for the community
Befriending and support groups can also help if you are feeling isolated and/or lonely and Good Neighbour schemes can help you stay independent by helping with transport, shopping, collecting prescriptions and popping in for a chat.
Surrey Information Point has information on a range of arts and crafts groups and activities and includes:
Sport and leisure activities on Surrey Information Point include:
Ageing Well from Active Surrey also gives suggestions on a range of sports and physical activities aiming to inspire residents aged 50+ to try something new improve their health and wellbeing. You can also find information on Otago Strength and Balance classes and Walking for Health.