Social care and assessments

If you, or a loved one, think you need help to remain independent and well, you can approach us for a conversation and we'll discuss what's stopping you living the life you want to. We will talk to you about your health condition, frailty or disability and how it affects your daily life. We will provide you with information and advice, understand what you or your family or close network can do for yourselves and give you access to community-based support. Short term help from social care may be an option if you need to regain skills or confidence lost through an illness or injury. If you need more help after that we will assess your long term needs.

Those with eligible social care needs may be entitled to receive funded support from the council. You can find out if are likely to get social care support from us and how much you may you have to pay by using Adult Social Care Online. This also includes an online carers assessment tool.

See our information pages on how social care eligibility works for adults with support needs and carers.