Care and support for adults

Education advice to parent carers

As many as one in five children may at some time need extra help with their education and they are said to have 'Special Educational Needs'.

Surrey County Council provides many special educational needs services which you may be able to access. There are also other organisations that may be able to give you advice and help regarding the education of your son or daughter:

SEND Advice Surrey

SEND Advice Surrey provide impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents, children and young people to:

  • fully participate in discussions and make informed decisions
  • express their views and wishes about education and future aspirations
  • promote independence and self advocacy
  • develop positive relationships with schools, colleges, universities, the local authority and support services to achieve positive outcomes.

SEND Advice Surrey
Consort House
5-7 Queensway

Helpline: 01737 737300

Independent Panel of Special Education Advisors (IPSEA)

The Independent Panel of Special Education Advisers helps parents who want second opinions.

To find out more about their services and how to contact then visit the IPSEA website.

Ace Education

Ace Education (formerly Advisory Centre for Education) offers information and advice on all aspects of the maintained education service.

Contact them at:

ACE Education
72 Durnsford Road
N11 2EJ

Telephone: 0300 0115 142. (Please check the advice page for opening times).