Resident involvement in health and care
There are a number of ways in which you can help Surrey residents to get involved in local health and care.
- Encourage residents to engage with GPs on local matters by attending patient participation forums in the clinical commissioning group area in which they are registered.
- Advise residents that they can share their views on the longer term strategic changes to health and care services via their sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) or integrated care system (ICS).
Residents with disabilities
- Direct residents to the local disability groups that meet regularly to discuss services and issues of relevance to those with mental health, learning disabilities, autism, physical and sensory disabilities, and long term neurological conditions.
- Encourage anyone with a disability aged 18 or over to join the Surrey Disability Register, which is a free voluntary register providing information, savings and support in emergency situations.
- Encourage carers to share their views with the charity Action for Carers Surrey during consultations and to attend regular forums to discuss key issues.