Care and support training resources
Keep up to date with local matters and find training resources to develop your care and support skills.
- Surrey News - Read the latest news from Surrey County Council.
- Your local area - Find out about what the council is doing in your local area and how you can get involved to help make Surrey a better place to live.
- Surrey Matters - Browse through the council's online magazine, covering topics such as health and wellbeing, young people, recycling, things to do out and about, libraries and getting around.
- Adult Social Care monthly briefing - Join the distribution list for the adult social care monthly briefing by emailing email@example.com
- Adult Social Care Coronavirus special briefing. Find our special briefing below.
- Surrey Skills Academy - Access a wide range of training and learning opportunities with a focus on social care, including e-learning, classroom-based courses, as well as signposting to other training providers.
- Making Every Contact Count - Find out more about an approach to healthcare that encourages all those who have contact with the public to talk about their health and wellbeing.
- Wheel of Wellbeing - Discover a visual framework made up of six universal themes that underpin mental (and physical) health and wellbeing, covering body, mind, spirit, people, place and planet.
- Information and signposting intervention guidance (PDF) - Download a set of scenarios to help with care and support signposting.
- Action for Carers Surrey - Access online and classroom based training for professionals working with carers in health and social care, voluntary organisations or the private sector.
- Information and advice checklist (PDF) - Download a checklist to assess compliance with the Care Act 2014 and help to identify gaps or areas for improvement.
Files available to download
- Information and advice checklist (PDF)
A checklist to assess current compliance with the Care Act 2014
- Information and signposting intervention guidance (PDF)
Information and signposting intervention leaflet