Including mental health, learning disabilities, autism, physical and sensory disabilities, and long term neurological conditions
Surrey County Council often seeks to involve people who use their services in designing new services, or changing existing ones. There are a number of specific groups that meet regularly to discuss services and issues of relevance. Click on the links below to get more information about each of the groups.
- Valuing People Groups
- The Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network
- Disability Empowerment Network Surrey
- Special Interest Groups
- Surrey and North East Hampshire Independent Mental Health Network
Valuing People Groups
We operate four Local Valuing People Groups in Surrey to ensure that people at a local level are involved and informed. These groups meet quarterly and enable everyone to have a say at a local level on what and how things can be done for those people with a learning disability. More specifically, they ensure people with a learning disability and their families have a voice and can contribute to improving their local communities. Each of the groups feeds into Surrey's Learning Disability Partnership Board.
- East Surrey (Reigate and Banstead and Tandridge)
- Mid Surrey (Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell and Mole Valley)
- North West Surrey (Spelthorne, Runnymede and Woking)
- South West Surrey (Surrey Heath, Guildford and Waverley)
The Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network
The Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network is a group of providers, commissioners, professionals, people with a learning disability and/or autism and family carers. The group meets quarterly to improve support for people whose behaviour may challenge in a way that threatens the quality of life, or the physical safety, of the individual or others to become a voice for best practice. The aim is for this to then be reflected in strategic planning and service development in Surrey.
If you would like to join the Surrey Positive Behaviour Support Network, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Empowerment Network Surrey
The Disability Empowerment Network Surrey is made up of groups of local disabled people and their carers, who meet quarterly to discuss issues that affect them. The groups aim to engage and empower the local disabled community and to champion their interests. As well as disabled people and their carers, representatives from local organisations such as Surrey County Council and the NHS regularly attend meetings.
Over the last year, members of these groups have been consulted on and fed in to a number issues and reviews including:
- South Western Railways and Govia Thameslink Railway franchises
- Surrey County Council transport review
- Blue Badge Parking review
- Outside dining and 'A boards' on pavements
- Accessible pharmacies, dentists, GPs, shops and venues
East Surrey - Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge
Venue: The Orpheus Centre, North Park Lane, Godstone, RH9 8ND.
- Monday 9 December 2019, 11am - 1pm
- Monday 16 March 2020, 11am - 1pm
- Monday 18 May 2020, 11am - 1pm
- Monday 21 September 2020, 11am - 1pm
- Monday 23 September 2020, 11am - 1pm
Mid Surrey - Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell, Molesey, Mole Valley, Walton on Thames
Venue: Parkhouse, Leatherhead, KT22 0AH.
- Monday 16 December 2019, 10.30am - 12.30pm (location may change)
- Monday 23 March 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Tuesday 19 May 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Monday 14 September 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Monday 14 December 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
North Surrey - Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, Woking
Venue: Addlestone Community Centre, Garfield Road, Addlestone, KT15 2NJ.
- Tuesday 2 December 2019, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Monday 2 March 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Monday 11 May 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Monday 7 September 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Monday 7 December 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
South West Surrey - Farnham, Guildford and Waverley
Venue: Godalming Baptist Church, Queen Street, Godalming, GU7 1BA.
- Wednesday 4 December 2019, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday 11 March 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday 13 May 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday 9 September 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday 9 December 2020, 10.30am - 12.30pm
If you would like to know more about or attend one of these groups, please contact Yasmin Broome, Involvement Coordinator, Surrey Coalition of Disabled People, mobile 07455 267424, tel 01483 456558, email email@example.com
Special Interest Groups
Surrey County Council commission special interest groups, which take place quarterly, for people with specific impairments. The purpose of these groups is to engage with and get feedback from people who use council services.
Hard of Hearing Forum
- Thursday 12 December 2019, 10.30am - 1pm
Long Term Neurological Conditions Group
- Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10.30am - 1pm
Surrey Vision Action Group
- Dates for 2020 to be confirmed.
If you would like to know more about or attend one of these groups, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text 07976 864082.
Surrey and North East Hampshire Independent Mental Health Network
The Surrey and North-East Hampshire Independent Mental Health Network is run by run by Surrey Coalition for people who have experienced mental ill-health, or who care for someone who has, to help improve services.