The following guidelines on general topics are available to help schools.
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions (PDF) for use in schools and other establishments and settings working with children and young people. These organisations should adopt it as part of their own policies and make it available to all staff involved in children and young people's health and welfare issues, particularly involving medicines. It replaces "Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions guidance V2.2 January 2017" which should no longer be used.
- National Guidance from Outdoors Education Advisors Panel for those involved in approval, organisation and planning of educational visits and outdoor education.
- Schools emergency planning guidance and a template to help in creating an emergency plan.
- Requests for reports from independent schools advice for primary schools on requests received.
- Exclusion - Parents can access current Department for Education guidance on School Exclusion. For schools and academies please contact the Exclusions Team Business Support Service via the Contact Centre on 03456 009 009.
- The education and achievement plan 2013-17 explains what is being done across Surrey County Council to achieve its education and achievement priorities in the council's children and young people's strategy.
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Educations (SACRE).
- Keeping schools safe from abuse, threats or violence guidance, the Model Complaints Procedure and the Model Complaints Policy can be found on the Services for Schools portal.