The following guidelines on general topics are available to help schools.
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions for use in schools and other establishments and settings working with children and young people. These organisations should adopt it as part of their own policies and make it available to all staff involved in children and young people's health and welfare issues, particularly involving medicines. It replaces 'Young People's health and the administration of medicines 2012' which should no longer be used.
- National Guidance from Outdoors Education Advisors Panel for those involved in approval, organisation and planning of educational visits and outdoor education.
- Schools emergency planning guidance and a template to help in creating an emergency plan.
- Requests for reports from independent schools advice for primary schools on requests received.
- Model school data protection policy to help schools comply fully with the requirements and principles of the data protection act 1984 and the data protection act 1988. Queries can be directed to your local area schools officer.
- Keeping schools safe from abuse, threats or violence guidance about parents' behaviour on school grounds that causes concern – in particular where parents are being or threaten to be abusive or aggressive to other members of the school community.
- Exclusion - Parents can access current Department for Education guidance on School Exclusion. For schools and academies please contact the Exclusions Team Business Support Service via the Contact Centre on 03456 009 009.
- The education and achievement plan 2013-17 explains what is being done across Surrey County Council to achieve its education and achievement priorities in the council's children and young people's strategy.
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Educations (SACRE).