Teaching road and pedestrian safety at your school
Our Steps Pedestrian Awareness Training scheme is aimed at children ages 7 to 8 years old (Year 3).
It is delivered by our Safer Travel and Cycle Training teams and taught through a combination of classroom and practical roadside sessions.
- The Green Cross Code, stop, look, listen and think
- Road signs and pedestrian crossings including School Crossing Patrol, puffin, pelican, zebra crossings and islands
- Recognising safer places to cross
- Recognising where it is unsafe to cross such as driveways, junctions and bends
- How to cross between parked cars including knowing what to look and listen for when a car is about to move
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01483 517515